Monday, March 26, 2012

Rejuvenated!

So, I didn't get into Arkansas. I was disappointed at first because at the time it felt like such a great fit... but now I'm actually excited to stay in Kansas City for another year. I love this place and I'd hate to leave it so soon. I'll try for grad school again next year; there are more programs that I like that will be admitting next fall so I'll go to U/RTAs this winter and hope for the best.

In the meantime, I can dive in to the theatre scene here, and not going to grad school means I can really commit to something. I auditioned for Theatre in the Park yesterday (I find out if I'm called back tomorrow), I will be auditioning for American Heartland Theatre tomorrow, and later in April I have two auditions, one for a local production of Next to Normal, and the other is for an original play that will be performed at the KC Fringe Festival! I'm not incredibly confident that I'll be cast in anything, but shit. It just feels so great to be auditioning, to be actively pursuing my passion again, that I almost don't care about being cast.

And I've started running again. Harrison George posted an article on Facebook a few weeks ago about Jerry Seinfeld's motivation technique. He would write jokes every day, and after he wrote them, he'd mark a big X on that day on his calendar. Eventually there's a long chain, and if you break that chain of X's you'll feel really disappointed in yourself. I've been applying that to exercise, and it's been working really well.

I'm eating better. Cutting back on carbs (I started by giving up pasta for Lent, and I like it), eating more vegetables and fruits, and cutting back on red meat (though that's mostly because of my recent discovery of cholesterol and heart problems in my family).

I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. The weather's great. I might live with Josh and Emily next year. I haven't felt this excited about life in a while, and it's fantastic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment