Monday, December 6, 2010

The Holiday Season

A year of buying things for myself, and occasionally for other peoples' birthdays, never seems to lead me to where I want to go for Christmas. Specifically gift-giving.

Don't get me wrong, I always give gifts over Christmas. But I realized this year that while I've given some great gifts to my friends, I find myself always neglecting my brothers, usually due to a very limited budget and an even more limited number of ideas. My brothers are amazingly difficult to shop for, namely due to our extreme difference of interests. I always thought it would be easy to shop for me because I'm very nerdy, and there are a vast number of things I enjoy. My brothers aren't quite the same story; there are things that they like, but nothing they're always openly excited for aside from sports. Adam is a huge Cubs fan, for instance, and Derek loves the Oregon Ducks. But sports? I hate giving sports memorabilia, especially since both already have a ton of it.

But my plight, the Plight of the Well-Meaning Sister as I call it, will cease to exist this year.

No longer will I suffer through Christmases of feeling bad because I didn't get my brothers something for Christmas! Nor will I wait until the last second to find them a sub-par gift. Because I have already found them gifts. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, on this day, December 6, I have found both of my brothers Christmas gifts that they will not only like, but will love wholeheartedly. I have found that the only trouble I'm having is limiting the number of gifts to give them, because I have struck a seriously huge goldmine of ideas. I obviously can't post them here (not that I think either of them read my blog), but I'm very excited about my gift-givings this Christmas.

Very. Very. Excited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment